The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin Some times the type Hype can be a new books downfall. The rave reviews from other authors or friends and family, the promise of a book you can't put down. So you rush out to buy it, curl up in your book nook and dive in. You open it up and begin to take in all it has to offer... and then it.. well.. fizzles... let's you down, and it's heartbreaking.

Thankfully The unbecoming of Mara Dyer did in no way fizzle out.. instead sparks flew!

This book was refreshing, The characters real and original and breaking away from current popularity. Werewolves, Vampires, Fairies, Zombies; Do not expect these to come near this book.

Instead we get a High school girl, full of wit and smarts.. and just a touch of crazy ( ok. more than a touch.. she is seeing dead people after all ) A Boy that will make you swoon, scream in frustration and then swoon again! A rumored bad boy with a heart of gold; but the cliche works for him!

The witty repartee between the two characters will leave you laughing, and their growing romance will leave you jealous!

The one downside I had with this book was the ending. But not just because it was over and I wanted more. While this book is considered Paranormal fiction.. you don't really get into the nitty gritty of the "paranormal activity" until the last few chapters. And it may leave you wondering.. umm.. huh? Where did that come from? Thankfully this is a trilogy to come, so lets hope the author lets us in on a bit more of a back story and really lets us in on how all of this crazyness came to be.. unfortunately.. we have to wait far too long for #2!

Grab this book as soon as you can and prepare for an all-nighter !