Every Other Day - Jennifer Lynn Barnes This books kicks off with a serious bang. While Every Other day does feature some creatures we have come to know well in the world of YA, Jennifer Lynn Barnes pulls in an array of creatures that have been out of the limelight: Hellhounds, Basalisks, and most dominantly the Chupacabra.

This book introduced me to characters I instantly connected with. Skylar, Kali's newfound friend who introduces herself as the School Slut, and who is also just " a little bit" psychic. Quirky and endearing with her upbeat ways, I couldn't help but root her as Her brother Elliot puts down her so called psychic abilities, and her brother's Girlfriend Bethany steals her tampons and paints slut on her locker.

I came to adore Bethany though, her bratty ways are redeemed as she Kali and Skylar form a seriously unlikely bond.

I also loved that this book does not shy away from the blood and gore. Killing preternatural Creatures is a messy business, and Kali does not hold back.

Being so full of action and I latched onto this book and it was over far to fast for me.

* What I needed more of*:

-The relationship between Kali and her inner- Monologue/Love interest Zev. I am still left unsure how I feel about him.

-The relationship between Kali and the Chupacabra. I'm still curious about the over all connection. How does it really affect Kali's abilities?

- Skylar's Brothers: There are so many! Each Introduction to them by Skylar left me wanting to know them further. Though we are introduced to 2 of them.. I feel like I am still left wanting more. Why does Elliot date someone so obviously horrible to a sister he seems to adore. What does read really think about his job?
" Sometimes, I felt like if I could just fold myself up into a small enough ball, my body would collapse on itself like a star, and I could Supernova myself into a new existence."

Maybe I am just picky. Maybe I am too used to Sequels. But I seriously want more of this book! I feel like there is so much more we can learn about the characters.

I really enjoyed this book.

If you are looking for something that does not have a love interest as the basis of the story, that gives you supernatural characters while remaining original, and will have you gripping the pages

to see what happens next: pick this one up!

"I probably didn't look like the ultimate predator. Or, for that matter, an environmental terrorist. Depending on the day and who you were talking to, I was both."

Rating: 4/5

On a side note, I tweeted Jennifer Lynn Barnes to see if Every Other Day was going to have a sequel, as I really felt that the ending was left open for one.

@YA_BookWorm07 No Every Other Day sequel planned yet (I wrote it as a standalone), but @melissa_marr is campaigning for one.

Loving Melissa Marr's response ! :

Silly @jenlynnbarnes You NEED to write a sequel to EVERY OTHER DAY. Tell her, @ya_bookworm07 (& everyone else)...

So come on readers! When Every Other Day Comes out on December 27th read it!.. And then come back and not only let me know what you think of the book.. Also let me know if you agree that a sequel should be made!