Of Poseidon - Anna Banks I flew through this book! It was sweet, and fun , tear jerking and intense. A perfect combination.

I can't lie, within the first few chapters, I cried. Seriously. And then I was like, "Oh no! Am I going to do this through the whole book!?" I didn't, but man.. I don't think those first few chapters will leave me for awhile... Then again that's one of the marks of a great book!

Of Poseidon isn't all all out thriller, fantasy, or romance. It's a wonderful blend of all and more.

Chloe: A seemingly normal girl, though a bit clumsy.. ok more than a bit >.< I found myself connecting with her on many levels ( though mostly the clumsy ones! ) She goes through a traumatic experience and then suddenly, she is forced to face facts in her life that she though could never be real.

Galen: Oh Galen - Authors, darn you! I already have a real boyfriend!! Why do you give me so many swoonworthy guys!!!??
Galen is more than just a swoonworthy guy though, he has the weight of his underwater world on his shoulders, knowing a secret that could save his people, but break his heart.It just made me swoon for him even more to watch him fight to help Chloe while struggling over his responsibilities.

The side characters were fun, full of humor and strength when needed, I couldn't get enough!

If you can't guess from the cover, this story is about mermaids "though don't say that in front of Galen ( They call themselves Syrena ) But it was far more than just a lighthearted mermaid tale. Anna banks ties in history of Triton and Poseidon and the politics that hold their underwater world together, as well as tear it apart. All of this mixed into the story helped hold my attention so well!

Most of the story is spent on land, not in the underwater world, I REALLY hope book #2 visits that more!

A heads up, the ending of this story is INSANE :) In a wonderful, cliffhanging, I want to track down Anna Banks and steal the Manuscript for Book #2 kinda way!!

If you had been there with me in the moment you would have seen me close and re-open the last page many, many times, and just stare at it in Awe.

This review isn't very long, but you know what, I don't think it needs to be!! Of Poseidon has all the makings of a great story, and to me it's definitely a must have!!

If my review hasn't hooked you go check out the other wonderful reviews on Goodreads!!

Rating: 5/5

Full review found here : http://thepassionatebookworm.blogspot.com/2012/02/of-poseidon.html