The Selection - Kiera Cass I'm surprised at how much I seriously LOVED this book. I had to pick it back up every chance I got !

Reading The Selection by Kiera Cass was like... Falling onto a giant bed with a feather comforter.. covered in far too many feather pillows. It felt wonderfully indulgent, comforting. Like I was being papered.. Does that make sense? I felt like.. such a girl! That statement is in no way meant to be a complaint. I loved every moment of it.

I sank into the story and sighed. Indulging my girly side by imagining each and every beautifully detailed gown. Smiling over America and Mason's witty banter. Holding my breath as Mason made his decisions, shaking my finger at him *in my head of course* as he made wrong ones. And anxiously awaiting how it all played out.

Kiera Cass created a story that allowed my to not only give in to my girly side, but also fed my need for intrigue and action. Before reading The Selection, I had heard the phrase " The Hunger Games meets The Bachlor. " and I have to admit.. it deterred me... a lot. But having now read the story, I understand the comparison.. and while I am not a fan of the TV show The Bachelor. I understand, and it is actually part of the story that I really enjoyed.

In the midst of the "game" a war is going on.. and every once in a while. The fighting slips through the castle walls. At times like this I enjoyed seeing which of the "contestants" held their own. Who stood up strong and held their head up as a future queen should, and who crumbled. I also liked that this aspect of the story shows us more of Mason the future King, instead of just, Mason the guy who could have any girl he chooses.

I wouldn't say that the " Hunger Games " feel is super strong in this story.. but a slight vibe is there. In The world of The Selection, the people are broken up into classes, not just the rich and the poor, but they are actually numbered! 1 being the highest and consisting of the Royal family. 8 being the lowest and consisting of the cleaning people and servants. Each level has their part to play. America is a 5, an Artist. But in The Selection changes all of that. Any Caste can participate and have a chance to, not only win the Princes heart, but take her and her family to the top, and become a 1.

My one real negative.. or more just... what I wanted more of. Was the world building. I was really interested in the castes, and wanted to learn more about them and what each caste's role was. I feel that that part was left mostly untouched, and I hope Kiera Cass visits it more in the next books.

America never forgets who, or what caste she is, throughout the selection. And it begins to work into her favor... but then.. if I told you how.. I would be giving away too much of the story ;)

I feel like I could keep typing. I want to spend hours telling you all that I loved about this story.. But basically I just need to tell you - GO READ IT FOR YOURSELF !

The Selection is full of romance and drama, if that's not what you like in a book, it may not be for you. But at the same time, it's not what I went in craving, and at the end of the book I was smiling and satisfied. Indulge a little, let yourself sink into The Selection, swoon, laugh, cry.... and watch as it all unfolds.