Starters - Lissa Price This is a situation where I will definitely say " Don't judge a book by it's cover:"  It's a bit cliche, but oh well it's true ! The cover of this book did NOT draw me in.. it kind of weirded me out to be honest, but after reading the book I understand it more and am glad I didn't pass it over.

I cannot deny my weakness for dystopian and futuristic stories . They are addicting and always make me think. Starters plopped itself right in the middle of all that and left my mind filled with thoughts.

The characters were very interesting. Most of the time never purely good or evil. Though at moments I thought " You horrible elders! How dare you take advantage of a young persons body like that !" But then the way it's described ... if you were in your 80's so old and weak you could barely  hold yourself up.. what would you do? Given the chance to spend even a day, running around like you were in your prime again. Can you outright say you wouldn't give it a second thought?

The plot held my attention well. Not to fast, not to slow, and just enough romance mixed with action and intrigue to keep me turning page after page.

I have to be honest.. that's what reviewing  is all about right? So here is the deal, I didn't LOVE it. I liked it for sure. And when I first closed the page I was like " WOW" but now a few days later..  it isn't still floating around in my head like other dystopian books have done. In fact it's seeming hard for me to review other than simply saying, it was enjoyable, and I will continue to read more. However it's not a new favorite.

Lissa Price is a debut author and for that I have to give her kudos. I KNOW this book will have fans, and I am interested in seeing what she continues to do in her writing career.